Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Girl and her Shoes...


It's probably due to the fact that I once saw her through a set of ornate, red glass doors in a Chinese restaurant years ago while on vacation with my family in Honolulu, that I have never forgotten about Imelda Marcos and her 2,000 pairs of shoes. Now, I think that I might be currently raising my own little Imelda (I guess it's appropriate seeing that Lia is a quarter Filipino). This girl loves her shoes. She just can't get enough of them. They are her toy of choice. When not on her feet, she must have them in her hands....whether it's simply carrying them from point A to point B or playing with them as if they are a doll. She even insisted on bringing them to bed with her the other night. So, this morning, I decided to create a little slice of shoe heaven for Lia and dumped her entire collection of size 4-6 hand-me-down shoes all around her and let her go at it. She was so thrilled, she didn't even know where to begin......

***Author's note: Just so you don't think that I grew up hob-nobbing with the rich and famous, I wanted to throw in this one little disclaimer. I was raised in the ultimate Motel 6 family and we always travelled on a shoestring. So, you may be wondering why I was dining at the same restaurant as the former 1st Lady of the Philippines.....well, it was only due to the fact that my father's friend (whose name is Nephi Lehi Ohai--how cool is that?!) treated my family that evening at a restaurant of his choice. I will never forget the $100 Peking duck he ordered!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post. Yes this was a surprise. WE had planned on having another but not for about another year. I know I am so fertile it is crazy. someday I'll explain what I think happened...love you car

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you gotta love the disclaimer! You make me laugh! I know you go out for $100 dinners every night....

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so cute! I have never seen a kid love shoes like that! ha ha She will love reading all these when she's older. My kids go through their baby books all the time.

    ReplyDelete