Saturday, December 7, 2013

Freezing Parade Fun!

Months ago, Lia and I learned that her Girl Scout troop was going to participate in the annual Santa Parade in our town.  We were both thrilled about this especially since we watch this Christmas parade every year and love it!  However, as the week finally approached and I heard the weather forecast, I began to not be so excited.  A toasty high of 30 degrees was predicted with a low of 12 degrees on the day of the parade.  YIKES!!  But Lia and I decided to brave it anyways, bundled up, and left our boys at home.  My car's thermometer read 26 degrees driving down to the parade and 22 degrees on the way home, but we survived and actually had a great time.  However, I must admit that a toasty warm bath did feel mighty good after getting the kiddos to bed tonight. I think that my toes have finally recovered.

 
Lia with her two other fellow Daisies, Addison and Mila, all bundled up in blankets waiting for the parade to begin.  The girls got to ride on the trailer while the parents walked along side.

 
Some of the girls posing just as they turned on the lights on the trailer!  So festive and pretty!

 
Lia's Girl Scout troop ready to go!

 
Just as we were lining up to leave, Mr. and Mrs. Claus drove by in the beautiful, antique fire truck that they ride every year.

 
Lia and her buddies waving to the crowd as we cruised down Meridian Avenue.

 
What a fun way to spend a Saturday evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment