Friday, August 11, 2023

A Quick Visit from Amy

Less than a month ago, my dear childhood friend and college roommate, Amy, reached out to me.  She was planning a last minute trip to visit her sister in Eastern Washington and was thinking about flying in and out of Seattle.  As a result, Amy asked if she and her two children could spend the weekend at our house.  Since I haven't hosted her since 2010, I was super excited to have her join us for the weekend.  Unfortunately, I came down with a terrible cold and was still not feeling well when they arrived since I was up every night with horrible, coughing spells that would leave me feeling exhausted the next day.  So I did the best I could to be a good host during their short visit while juggling the girls in their three Matilda performances while packing for our big trip to Priest Lake.  Since Amy and her kids arrived late Friday night, I made a big breakfast on Saturday before taking them to see the matinee performance of Matilda.  We then spent time with Lia and Ella and the rest of the Matilda cast for a pizza dinner party between their two shows before heading to Seattle for the rest of the evening.  After going to church together on Sunday morning, we all returned home in time for Amy to pack up before driving to Eastern Washington and before I had to take Ella and Lia back to their final performance of Matilda.  Although it was a super quick visit, I am so grateful for this chance that I had to see Amy again and to reconnect with her children.


Logan and Emmett were able to spend an hour or so playing in the pool on Saturday morning with Amy's son, Clayton.


The group picture we took with Lia and Ella after the performance was over.


Enjoying the pizza party with the girls and the Matilda cast between their two performances.


The beautiful view of the Seattle skyline from Gas Works Park where Amy and I visited several times during our high school glory days.  We enjoyed taking her kids there to show them Lake Union before heading to a delicious ice cream shop down the street where we spent the rest of the evening before heading back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment