Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Some Fun Emmett Pictures

I decided that I wanted to post an assortment of Emmett pictures that I have taken over the last week or two since I feel like I haven't done this enough lately.  Life is just so busy and chaotic with three other children and a household to run, but I am trying to savor every moment that I can with this sweet baby.  Here are some 'moments' in Emmett's life that I have captured on camera recently...


Ever since Logan was a brand new baby, he has this adorable tendency to cross his arms across his chest after I feed him and put his pacifier in his mouth and snuggle him up to my chest.  Often times, he will even fall asleep in this position.  I have wanted to get a picture of this several times and finally managed to get one on February 28th.


Emmett still has that newborn ability to fall asleep anywhere and at anytime.  On March 1st, I had changed his diaper in the morning while trying to get all three kids ready for school.  After stepping away from him, I got distracted by something else and by the time I made it back, he was fast asleep on the changing table.  Emmett ended up taking a little morning nap there before I had to wake him up and put him in the car to take the kids to school.


A close-up of our sleeping cutie.


What a little angel.


On March 8th, Logan was playing with one of his leftover, mylar balloons from his birthday party that is still floating around the kitchen.  After taking off one of Emmett's mittens, Logan managed to get him to hold onto the balloon string.  We all just thought it was so funny to see Emmett laying in his bassinet holding a balloon like it was no big deal.  We had to take a few pictures of this 'milestone' event in his life.  Here are the two brothers posing together with Emmett holding on to his balloon.


The boys and the balloon.


After going to Emmett's 2-month check-up, I was reminded that it was time to start doing daily 'tummy time' to strengthen his neck.  I introduced this to the children today and they got all excited to put some toys on his blanket and lay next to him and watch him.  Surprisingly, Emmett did a great job as he is already strong enough to hold his neck up a bit.  Normally, our other children have just screamed and cried with their face buried in the blanket the first several times they have done tummy time, but not Emmett!  After several minutes, he started to get fussy and so I flipped him over on his back to get him happy again.  He immediately went into that funny pose I talked about in his 2-month post where he bends one arm up to his head and stretches out the other arm away from his body.  I managed to get a picture of him striking this pose.


And a full body shot, too.


And another picture before he moved.  Please not that I asked the children to get a few toys from the baby toy basket to put near Emmett's head to give him something to try to reach for.  After a few minutes, they had completely surrounded him in a circle of toys on the blanket.  It was the funniest thing.  They were just a bit excited to say the least!


After Emmett had finished his first round of tummy time today, papa came home from work.  While I was making dinner, Ron picked him up and walked over to the fridge with Emmett and started talking about all of the pictures.  Emmett just sat there in Ron's arms completely focused and fascinated with the pictures.  Head-to-head, these two boys had a good 5 minute long conversation.  Ron just talked on and on about the various photographs on the refrigerator while Emmett just looked and listened with total interest.  It was so amazing that I had to get a few pictures.  


Seeing their two heads side-by-side like that was just the cutest thing!


I tried to get a picture of Emmett's face to capture how fascinated he was with all of the pictures on the fridge, but this was the best that I could get!

No comments:

Post a Comment