Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Sisterly Love

One of my greatest joys having this baby later than I had hoped for has been watching his older siblings interact with him.  Although it would have been my first choice to have all four of my children in six or seven years, this age gap between Emmett and his brother and sisters has been a huge perk.  They all are old enough to absolutely adore him and interact with him and help take care of him.  Although Ella is my 'baby whisperer,' Lia has been a huge help with Emmett.  When she is home (and not at school or one of her many activities), she can do so many things to help me with Emmett that she was no old enough to do when Ella was born five years ago.  In addition to just holding him on the couch (which is all Ella and Logan can do), Lia can lift him out of his bassinet or bouncy seat or swing, walk around the house with him, play with him while sitting on the couch, watch him on her bed at night while I get ready for bed, and even do tummy time with him.  Without me knowing, Lia picked Emmett up from his bouncy chair the other evening while I was working in the kitchen and laid down with him on the couch, belly to belly.  After she was all settled, she told me what she was doing.  After coming over and seeing this adorable scene, I just had to take a few pictures!  Lia loves Emmett so much and constantly tells him how cute he is and how much she loves him.  It just melts my heart.  I hope that these two stay close forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment