Monday, May 11, 2009

100% Proficient

Well, it's official. Lia is walking 100% of the time now. Something clicked in her little head and she has finally shed the crawling and knee walking for good! It all started two weeks ago, on April 26th, when she suddenly began walking way more than the aforementioned modes of transportation in church! This was the first time this had ever happened. I think that my mother is to blame for this sudden switch in preference as she babysat Lia for two days prior to this weekend and kept on encouraging her to walk during this time. I, on the other hand, avoid change like the plague and was content with just letting Lia do her thing at her own rate. Leave it up to my mother to get my daughter to progress! Geez! :-) Anyways, ever since that Sunday in church, Lia has progressively been walking more and more until yesterday when it was all day long. Ahhhhh! Life as we know it has changed for good.

Here is our little girl strutting her stuff on Mother's Day before church.

She decided to start playing her favorite, little game with me of moving her head back and forth, side to side, at the end of the "photo shoot." What a cheeky thing she is!

2 comments:

  1. Oh- I am so sorry I forgot to wish you happy birthday- YOu need to get on facebook so a reminder pops up.Anyway- HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL. Wish I was there to go to dinner with you! Gabe is walking too finally! A month after my other kids started but he has finally decided not to crawl anymore. Isn't it funny that you could swear no other child in the world could possible be as cute as your walking around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? No video? I want a video of her walking!

    ReplyDelete