Monday, April 19, 2010

Twinkle Toes!

So, I had to leave Lia and Ron "unsupervised" for a few hours this past Saturday to attend a baby shower. One of the things I love about Ron is that he always thinks outside of the box--even when it comes down to activities with Lia. As a result, he decided to give Lia her first, official pedicure! What cracks me up the most about this whole event is that it has NEVER occurred to me to do this to my daughter's toes...yet, it did to my husband. Am I so the only girl in a family of all boys and is Ron so the son of a hair stylist? It all has to do with our upbringing, doesn't it? :-)

Showing off those pretty in pink toes!

After I got only one or two pics snapped of Lia's newly manicured feet, she decided that she was done with the shoot and took off running. One of her many stops (while I chased her around madly with with the camera) was a quick slide onto the couch! This is the cheeky pose I manged to catch of her before she was off and running again.

6 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Lia will be hooked now! Ever since I painted Kaylee's toes for the first time she runs over saying "pretty toes?" whenever she sees me with nail polish. Girls will be Girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Ron and good for you for finding someone who is the perfect compliment to your personality and strengths.

    I'm sorry Ron, I tried as best I could to chick up you wife but she's got some deeply rooted "I was raised to be a tom boy" issues. But that's okay- that's just on of the many reasons I love me some Lis!

    Mwah!

    (Ohhey- on a sidebar...I am going to be in Vancouver from May 30th-June5. I want to see my sisters bebé niño pequeño gigante before I left for Africa. I'm not 100% sure my sister and familly will even let me in until I have been scrubbed naked and raw, hair checked for ticks or bugs or whatever the have there....and I will be sleeping in the garage until all of clothes are bleached, washed or burned.

    So lets definitely plan something!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also one of Weston's favorite things to do. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Upon further review of my previous comment, I find it hilarious that you point out, rather plainly, that Ron typically needs supervision as well. Not sure if that was what you were getting at, but it made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so classic. and gabe will be there with his giant size tux.....

    ReplyDelete