Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Practicing Personification...

Part of Lia's current Cinderella fetish involves wearing one of her Cinderella hand-me-down "gown balls" all day long.
The dress of choice today was a particular one covered with little, blue sequins and oodles of tulle on the lower half.
As fun as it is to run around the house in said dress, nap time proves to be a bit complicated as it just plain gets in the way!
As Lia was attempting to find a somewhat comfortable position in her crib while wearing this over-stuffed, blue mass, I walked in to offer my assistance and was greeted by the funniest complaint:
"The sequins are stepping on me!!"
Really?
Darn sequins. I hate when they do that.

But, really, when all is said and done, isn't that the best way to describe scratchy sequins? I just love it. My daughter is already employing the use of personification in her daily conversation. It's just makes the former English teacher in me beam with pride.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, she is starting to look pretty darn big in that crib! When does she graduate to a bed? All my kids were climbing out by 18 months or less, but sounds like she loves her crib! :) She's too cute in the Cinderella outfit.

    ReplyDelete