Tuesday, August 12, 2014

August Trip to Priest Lake

For the past several years, I have gone up to Priest Lake in August without Ron since he returns back to work at the beginning of this month.  However, I decided this year that it would just be too hard to take care of a nursing newborn, a temperamental toddler, and a busy, six-year old all on my own for a week.  As a result, I convinced my parents to take Lia up with them on Saturday, August 2nd, so that she could spend the week playing with her cousins and not miss out on all of the fun of the family reunion.  After Ron got off work early on Thursday, August 7th, the four of us made the drive up to the cabin to join Lia and the rest of my family for Friday and Saturday before turning around and coming back home on Sunday.  I'm so glad that Lia was able to spend this week playing in the water and in the sun with her cousins AND to my parents for making this all possible!  Here are some of the pictures I snapped during our two days up at the lake...


Lia pretending to be a mermaid on the dock while wearing some large, pink fins. 


The gang hanging out on the tubes.  


Logan's obsession with paddles continues.  Here he is "rowing" away while standing on the dock.


We explored the beach a few docks down from us one afternoon.  Look at that beautiful sand and water!


Sarah, Callie, Lia and me.


The cousins getting together to burying Spencer in the sand.


Spencer transformed into a sand mermaid.


The group gathered around Spencer before he breaks free!


This is the first summer that Trenton and Logan were old enough to really play together and enjoy each other's company.  Here they are playing with the old, metal Tonka scoopers.


Garrett with the boys in front of the house.


Logan and Trenton playing with grandpa's screwdrivers in the dirt.


Logan jumping to papa again!


Boys swimming.


Logan jumping to mama!


Loving the water.


Lia got brave one evening and agreed to go tubing if she could ride with Brynn and Kelsey.  Here are the girls before taking off!


Callie, Brynn, Lia, Kelsey, Riley, and Garrett all tubing at the same time.


A close-up of Lia and her big cousins before wrapping it up.


My darling boy in the boat at twilight.  I just love this picture.


Baby Ella checking out the water with grandma's help after her nap one day.


My sweet, little baby!


Grandma and the girls.


Mama and kiddos on the beach enjoying the sun.


Lia, Sarah, and Kelsey on the dock.


Logan experimenting with a fancy, water gun.


Shooting away.


Now that's one happy boy!

1 comment: