Thursday, July 2, 2015

Summer Fun

Ron left us on Sunday for nine days to attend a work conference in Spokane and then a music festival in Northern California.  As much as it scared me to be on my own for that many days and nights, I vowed to take the kids out on some sort of adventure each day that he was gone!  So far, we are off to a good start--especially since the weather has been so hot and fabulous!  Here is a breakdown of the past few days...


On Monday, I invited my friend, Cassie, and her children to join us at our favorite splash pad park in Tacoma at Titlow Beach.  The kids had a great time running around in the water (and so did I).  Here is Lia and her buddy, McKenzie.


Sweet, little Ella started out a bit hesitant, but eventually got more and more confident.  By the time we left, she was loving all of the water features.


Logan loved playing with the ball that spun around and sprayed water!


My baby and me.


On Tuesday, we invited Mariah and her girls to spend the afternoon at our beach at Lake Samm.  Mollie and Lia had a great time splashing around on the floaties.


Logan clung to the beach and enjoyed playing with a broken ski rope.


Lia and Mollie eventually got brave enough to start jumping off the side of the dock to me without their life jackets on.  Hooray!  Here are the girls before they took off their jackets.


Ella and I spent quite a bit of time playing at the edge of the water.


My baby girl on the grass.


On Wednesday, I invited my new friend, Mercedes, to join us at our favorite water park in Tacoma.  It felt so great to be back as I just love their toddler pool.  It is the perfect place to just hang out in the water while the children run around and play with all of the toys.  Here is Lia chilling out in the water.


Crazy boy Logan shooting one of the many water guns.


My girls and me (Logan refused to be in the picture).  


Ella loved these water toys and spent quite a bit of time splashing around in them.


Lia was a nice, older sister and joined Ella for awhile.


Logan even graced the girls with his elusive presence for a minute or two.


More of Ella playing in the water.


Lia running through the spray!


Lia and Logan chilling in the little pool.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you've had better weather than us.... lots of rain! :(

    ReplyDelete