Monday, August 17, 2015

Priest Lake Family Reunion

After weeks of going back and forth, I decided to brave it and head up to Priest Lake with all three kiddos sans Ron for my family reunion.  Last year I didn't feel up to it since Ella was so young and so we sent Lia up alone with my parents for the week.  Ron and I came up with the younger two kids at the end of the week to join my family.  However, this year I decided to try it out on my own with the hopes that Ron could join us at the tail end of the reunion like we did last year.  But as the weekend approached, Ron got so slammed with work that we decided that it would be best if he stayed home and pounded out a lot of work while we were still gone.  So, for the second time this summer, I was without Ron's help for ten days.  I will admit that it was a lot of work, but the sacrifice was worth it as Lia and Logan had so much fun playing with cousins.  The weather was stunning all week long and so we got in lots of water and beach time.  Overall, I'm glad that I went and am very grateful that I was able to hitch a ride up and back with my parents, but was very tired when we got home.  It'll a take me a few days to recover from this one...


Logan finally started to get brave around the water in August and jumped off of the dock and into my arms several times.  He also agreed to go out on a ride on the windsurf board with Spencer.


However, he started crying when Spencer went out too far, so this is as good as the pictures got!  :-)


Lia enjoyed lots of beach time--sometimes with the triplets and sometimes alone.


Like last month's trip, Logan was also found on the beach more than in the water.  Here he is hanging out with grandma and grandpa at his side.


Lia paddling away in an inner tube.


The boys lined up on a kayak--Trenton, Garrett, Riley, Bryce, and a crying Logan.  Oh dear.


Ella was super cute this trip and really enjoyed floating around in the shark floatie that Natalee brought with them.  I pushed her around in it several times the week that we were there.  She was so relaxed and happy in it and would even reach out and pat the water.  


Ella and mama taking a dip together.


Sarah Mae swimming at our side.


One of the nights, my mom had the great idea of asking the grandchildren to participate in a family fashion show.  Each of the kids modeled one or two outfits that belonged to their parents, grandparents, or great-grandparents.  It was so fun!  Here is Lia modeling one of my favorite church dresses that I wore back when I was 11 years old.


Callie modeling one of her grandmother's college dresses.


And Spencer striking a pose in his great-grandpa's jacket and hat from Germany.


Garrett saluting us in his grandpa's army uniform.


Brynn striking a pose in one of Omi's dresses.


And, lastly, here is Kelsey working it in her grandma's jelly outfit that she really wore in Hawaii when she was in college.


We convinced Logan to go out another day on the windsurf board with Trenton at his side.  I just love this picture!


Trenton and Logan hanging out on the dock together.  They were quite the pair this week.


Ella loved playing with the wind chimes on the deck.  Here is grandpa holding her so that she could play with them one evening.



Logan and Trenton back out on the dock for a twilight swim.


Sweet Ella and me out for an evening dip as the sun set.


Sarah and I passing Ella back and forth.  Ella really seemed to love this.


My sweet girl!


Logan hanging out one evening with Brynn and Trenton on the swing.


Now Logan with the boys--Riley and Trenton.


The boys talking and relaxing--I just love this picture.


The entire fam (minus Ron) on our last full day before departure.  What a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment