Saturday, December 19, 2015

Fourth Annual Trip to The Nutcracker

For the fourth year in a row, Lia and I went to see a local ballet company's production of The Nutcracker.  I just love this holiday tradition that we share together.  We went for the second time with my friend, Mariah, and her two daughters, Mollie and Gabby.  We enjoyed dressing up and watching this fabulous ballet performed by some really talented dancers.  As always, I just love watching the snowflake scene--it almost makes me cry every time I see it!  I love that Lia knows this story so well and enjoys going to the ballet with me every year.


Mollie, Lia, and Gabby in the lobby before the ballet began.


Mommy and daughter.


Lia and Mollie with a giant nutcracker.  These girls have been friends for 3 1/2 years!


Although I had intended to take Lia to a different, local production of this ballet every December, she insisted that we return to this one (the Evergreen City Ballet) after our second year because the dancers always come out to pose for pictures after the production is over.  It's the next best thing to posing with Disney princesses for Lia.  So, here are Lia and Mollie with the Nutcracker and Clara.


The girls with the lead dancer from the Arabian dance.


The girls with the Snowflake queen and one of the snowflake dancers.

No comments:

Post a Comment