Monday, February 1, 2016

L-O-G-A-N

As Logan approaches his fourth birthday, I am seeing all sorts of signs that my boy is really starting to grow up.  And a big one happened today!  It was during the rushed, before-we-take-the-girls-to school part of the morning.  I was downstairs about to start breakfast when Logan suddenly appeared in the kitchen holding a piece of paper.  I was in the middle of doing something and didn't realize what he was was talking about until I looked up and gave him my full attention....and, boy, was I surprised to see his entire name written on a piece of paper!  Logan has only written his name by tracing letters that have already been written or printed out for him.  At first, I was so shocked that I asked Logan if Lia had helped him do this.  After he told me several times that he did it by himself, I finally began to believe him.  I was so excited for him.  This is a big deal for our little boy as lots of things have been much harder with him in the past few years than they had been with Lia.  Some days, I wondered what the school-age, Logan would be like....buy it's starting to look like he might just be a well behaved, little student after all.  Good job, Logie boy!  I'm so proud of you!


Logan proudly holding up the paper with his name on it.  


A close-up of his name.....never mind the fact that his "N" looks more like a "C."  Oh well, it's a great start!


Later on that same morning, Logan took the paper with his name on it and drew a picture.  Since his normal picture consists of nothing but a bunch of scribbles, you can imagine my surprise when he showed me this piece of paper with an actual plane on it.  It even has a pointed front and a tail on the back.  I couldn't believe my eyes!  He then went back to the table and wrote his name inside the plane and drew a few lines through it, but still the plane remains visible.  So, Logan officially wrote his name for the first time and drew his first picture on the same piece of paper on the same day!

No comments:

Post a Comment