Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Ella's Second Birthday!

Well, it happened.  My baby girl is turning two years old tomorrow.  I simply cannot get over how fast the past 1.5 years have gone (yes, the first six months go very slow for me).  It's crazy.  Since I am flying out in the morning, I will be missing my baby's birthday.  As a result, we decided to throw Ella's party the day before which really is fine since she doesn't know the difference.  Since my parents are watching our three kids the first two days that I am gone, we decided to hold the party at their house since we were going to be there anyways.  My mom kindly agreed to provide the birthday dinner if I brought the cake.  I wrapped Ella's gifts, made a cake, and packed up all of our stuff and headed off to Issaquah.  Ron also drove all the way from Tacoma after work to join us for the evening.  It turned out to be a beautiful day and a wonderful way to celebrate our sweet Ellie's birthday!


This is the butterfly cake that I made for Ella's birthday.  


After eating a delicious, salmon dinner, we had Ella open her gifts.  She was so funny as she insisted on immediately removing the tag off of every present the second she opened it.  As a result, Ella spent the majority of the gift opening time running back and forth from the living room to the kitchen where grandpa was sitting with scissors to cut the tags off.  What a silly girl.  Here she is opening up her princess umbrella.


Lia helping Ella open up her Cinderella baby doll.


Lia loving papa.


Ella with three generation of women who love her!


Helping Ella open up her Frozen dish set.


Checking out Ella's pink, school bus.


Cheese!


Ella trying out her new school bus.


Ella lining up her new dishes.


Logan and Ella checking out the play dough set with grandpa's help.


Ella waiting for us to sing after the candles had been lit.


Ella checking out her cake after blowing out her candles (with a little help).


Ella carefully taking out her candles.


Ella giving us one of her silly smiles before diving into her birthday cake.


Ella eating away!


Sisterly love at the end of the evening.  
We sure love you, Ella!

No comments:

Post a Comment