Sunday, November 27, 2016

The Little Mermaid on Broadway

Natalee asked me a few months ago if Lia and I wanted to join her and her family to see the Broadway musical of the Disney classic, The Little Mermaid, while it was in Seattle for the holiday season.  Since Ariel has been Lia's favorite princess for years, I immediately jumped at the opportunity and had Natalee buy us two tickets!  I decided to keep this a secret from Lia and surprised her when she came home from school a few days ago with a "letter" from Ariel surrounded by a bunch of her Ariel dolls.  At first she was confused by it, but eventually got excited when I explained to her that we were going out for a night on the town with some of her cousins!  We picked up my mom in Bellevue last night and then drove into Seattle to meet Natalee, her mom, and Brynn and Callie.  We enjoyed a delicious and final dinner at our beloved Spaghetti Factory in Seattle that is closing after 47 years of business in December.  We then drove to the 5th Avenue Theater for the 8 o'clock performance of The Little Mermaid.  As we expected, the music, costumes, and sets were amazing, but were surprised to see that they completely changed the ending of the story.  Overall, it was wonderful to see and Lia and I had a great time on this mommy-daughter date!


The letter from Ariel that was waiting for Lia when she came home from school the other day.


A close-up of the letter.


All of the girls enjoying a final dinner at the Spaghetti Factory.


The sign outside the 5th Avenue Theater.


Lia, my mom, and me in front of the sign outside the entrance of the theater.


Callie and Lia getting ready to head inside.


Lia, Callie, and Brynn waiting for the show to begin with Aunt Natalee and the grandmas behind them.


Callie, Lia, and me right before the show began!

No comments:

Post a Comment