Thursday, January 26, 2017

Ella Asleep on the Floor

Since I enrolled Logan at the YMCA this past fall for swim lessons and toddler gym, we have had access to their swimming pool for the first time in several years.  As a result, I have started taking the kids there for "open swim" on any random evening when Ron has to work late and when we don't have anything on the calendar.  We have a great time splashing and playing around in the toddler pool and the big kid pool for a good hour and a half before coming home for bed time.  It is a fun way to pass the evening when Ron is not home.  Tonight was such a night and after returning home and putting the kids to bed, I decided to hop in the shower since I am not the biggest fan of going to bed smelling like chlorine. While I was in the shower, Ron returned home, got ready for bed, and then shut our bedroom door before going to bed.  During this time, Ella decided to get out of bed and come and find me, but apparently wasn't able to get past our closed door which I am not sure why as the door was unlocked and she can easily open a closed door.  Since I was in the shower with the fan on and Ron was fast asleep, no one was able to hear her pleas to open the door and let her in.  As a result, she must have laid down on the floor, carefully laid her blanket on top of her, and fell fast asleep.  After I got out of the shower and got ready for bed, I went to check on all of the sleeping kids before I went to bed.  Much to my surprise, I almost stepped on Ella after opening our bedroom door and walking out into the hallway in the dark!  I was so shocked to find her there as she has never done anything like this before.  In fact, none of our kids have ever done this before.  Ron and I are such routine-driven parents when it comes to the bedtime routine that we have never had kids who fall asleep in random places throughout the house.  It just doesn't happen.  As a result, this was totally surprising to me, but also totally hilarious!  Ella looked so dang cute bundled up in her little, pink blanket asleep on the floor.  I couldn't resist taking a few pictures before scooping her up and carefully putting her back in her crib.  Oh, how I just love this baby girl of mine!


Ella sleeping peacefully outside our door.


I tried to get a picture of her sleeping face, but it didn't turn out that great since her hair was covering most of it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment