Friday, March 17, 2017

St. Patrick's Day Nonsense

Although I started making a corn beef, potatoes, and cabbage dinner a few years ago for St. Patrick's Day, I have never introduced the concept of a "naughty leprechaun" to my children.  One of my brothers and a few of my friends have fun every year turning their house upside down, coloring the toilet water green, and drawing on their kids with green marker while they are sleeping the night before....but for one reason or another, I have never done it myself.  After seeing how much the three of them absolutely LOVED having an elf on the shelf this past Christmas season, I decided that I should start up this new tradition.  Since Lia had made a leprechaun trap at Girl Scouts earlier this month, I had her set it out the night before and told her that maybe one would really come for the first time this year.  And, boy did he ever.  The kids woke up to all sorts of silliness left behind by "Lucky the Leprechaun" and were excited, shocked, and laughing all at the same time.  Needless to say, it was a success and I think that Lucky has become a permanent fixture in our household on St. Patrick's Day from this point on!


The kids all woke up St. Patrick's Day morning to find large, green smiley faces drawn on their bellies.  They thought it was the funniest thing!


Lucky made a huge mess in the kitchen turning over chairs and toilet papering the entire room.  He also scattered shamrocks and gold coins all the way from the kitchen, down the hallway, to the base of the stairs.  The kids were so shocked by this.


A close-up of the table with Lia's trap "triggered," but with nothing inside!


Lucky left a "thank you note" on a green plate after eating some shamrock cookies that I had baked the day before.  Since we had not left these cookies out for him (like Santa), the kids couldn't believe how gutsy he was to find the cookies and then to eat some!


The kids gathered around the green water in the toilet.  They just didn't know what to make of this, but they sure were in giggles! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment