Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Ella's Busy Week

After months of asking me to put her in ballet lessons, I finally found the time to look into it yesterday.  After calling the four ballet studios in town (and getting four voice mails), I decided to give the YMCA a call.  After learning that the current session of classes had just started this week and that there were openings in one beginner ballet class and one beginner swim class, I decided to bite the bullet and sign Ella up for both at the last minute.  Less than 24 hours later, she was taking her first swim lesson and five days later she was taking her first ballet class.  To my surprise, Ella was so brave when I first dropped her off to both of these classes.  A few months ago she would have refused to leave my side and would have burst into tears if I had made her go without me.  However, she has gained so much independence since starting preschool this past fall.  Although she was a little shy and timid, Ella bravely stood in line for her swim class without even looking back at me and calmly walked into the ballet studio today without acting the least bit scared.  I was so amazed!  It was so fun to watch her participate in both of these classes.  She is just the cutest thing and reminds me so much of how Lia looked when she first started swim and ballet lessons at the same age.  Part of me loves that Ella is enjoying these wonderful, new experiences and part of me is so sad that she is growing up so fast!  So here is to savoring every moment!


Ella dressed in her swimsuit and ready to leave the locker room before her first swim lesson.


Ella sitting on the steps of the toddler pool with the other children in her class while listening to the teacher.


Ella going for a lap with the teacher while holding onto the bar float.


Sweet Ella giving me a smile while waiting her turn to swim with the teacher.


Ella waiting with another girl in her class.


A proud and happy Ella flashing me a smile once her first swim lesson was over!


We headed off today for Ella's first ballet class.  She was so excited that she kept on asking when it would start all morning long.  I had pulled out all of the hand-me-down leotards and ballet skirts in the dress-up box a few days ago and had washed them.  So, Ella had a massive selection to choose from.  She insisted on getting dressed in the leotard and skirt of her choice over an hour early and was so excited to put her little ballet shoes in her own bag.  The entire thing was so cute.  Ella even asked if we could go early since we were done with lunch and she was so anxious to leave.  We actually got to the Y about 20 minutes early which never happens in my world.  This gave Ella plenty of time to watch the other class finishing up and allowed the anticipation to build even more!  Here is my little ballerina waiting outside the dance studio.


After Ella's teacher let the girls into the studio, Ella went and sat down on one of the "spots" on the floor.


Here is a close-up of my cutie before class began.


Ella did such a good job listening to the teacher and following directions during the entire class. Here she is picking up her "dot."


Ella and the rest of her class getting in line to walk across the studio.


Ella spinning around.


And balancing on her tip toes.  So adorable!


Smiling with the other girls in her class.


Dancing with a partner.


At the end of the class, the girls practiced the dance they are going to perform in June.  Sadly, the recital filled up the previous week which was the one class Ella missed due to me not registering her in time.  It's a bit of a bummer, but hopefully Ella will never find out that she missed it.


The girls twirling around while practicing their recital dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment