Sunday, March 11, 2018

Hamilton on a Dime

The first time I heard about the Broadway musical, "Hamilton," was a few years ago when my former mission companion, Shannon, told me about how much the tickets cost to see it with her family in NYC.  I simply had never heard of a Broadway musical charging hundreds and hundreds of dollars for the most basic, way-in-the-back-of-the-theater seats!  As a result, I basically told myself that I would never see "Hamilton" and moved on with my life.  After learning a few months ago that this musical had began touring the country and was coming to Seattle, I totally dismissed seeing it.  Then out of the blue, Natalee called me up last week to tell me that she had not been able to sell one of the six tickets that she had bought and offered to sell it to me for half price.  After checking my calendar and thinking it over, my mom offered to pay for part of the remaining amount for my birthday gift which meant that I would be able to see "Hamilton" for the bargain price of $50.  Once I heard that offer from my mom, I was in!
I met Chris and Natalee and their three oldest in Tacoma last night.  They hopped in my car and we drove to Tacoma to eat dinner at BJ's before driving into Seattle to see the play at 8 p.m.  We then spent the next several hours being wowed by this amazing and one-of-a-kind production.  It simply was like nothing I have ever seen before.  The nonstop singing/rapping through most of the musical with lyrics full of puns and rhymes was incredible.  It truly was a masterpiece of words and an extremely original and entertaining way of portraying the life of one of our founding fathers.  Although it was a struggle to stay up so last last night, it was worth every penny!  Thanks, Natalee, for making this evening possible!


Natalee, Garrett, and I enjoying our dinner before the show.


Tip and his girls.


The "Hamilton" marquee outside the Paramount Theatre.


Natalee, the kids, and I getting ready to head into the theatre.


Callie and Brynn in their seats waiting for the show to begin.

1 comment:

  1. You know this makes me crazy when there are all these pictures with no explanation! Where? How? what did you think? Fun! (I'm assuming? ;))

    ReplyDelete