Friday, August 17, 2018

Ella's Big Girl Bed!

One of the changes that I am never in a hurry to make is moving our kids from their cribs to their beds.  Part of me believes that children nap longer if they stay in their cribs longer and part of me just doesn't want our kids to grow up.  In addition, both Logan and Ella were very vocal about not wanting to leave their cribs, so I never pushed the issue.  As a result, we FINALLY moved Ella from her crib to her big girl bed tonight at almost 4.5 years old.  I know, I know, it's a bit ridiculous, but it's just when the big change finally ended up taking place for Ella.  So after Ron put in a long day's work and I finished packing for our trip to Priest Lake and making/cleaning up dinner, we started the process of changing out the beds at 7:30 tonight.  Ron took down Ella's crib and then moved Lia's old bed to Ella's room.  In the meantime, I followed him around with the vacuum and managed to clean the section of carpet that never gets vacuumed before he put up both of their new beds.  Ella was very excited about the entire process and happily helped me put on her adorable new bedding set with matching wall stickers and hanging curtains.  When it was all said and done, her room looked so cute that it made me wish that we had done this last year when I first bought Lia's new bed that she upgraded to tonight!  Oh well, better late than never!


Ella's last night sleeping in her crib on August 16th.


Ella all tucked into her new bed ready for a good night's sleep!


A shot of Ella in her new bed with her curtains and stickers on the wall.


Our beautiful girl off in a dream land a few minutes after turning off her lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment