Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Coldplay Music of the Spheres Concert

When I found out one of my favorite bands was coming back into town, I immediately started looking for someone to go to the concert with me.  Luckily, my friend, Wendy, was able and willing to go and so we purchased tickets back in March for Coldplay's September 20th concert in Seattle.  I "received" my ticket as my big birthday gift in May and continued to count down the months until the day arrived.  After delivering Emmett to Ron at work before he picked up the two middles at school and headed off to Tacoma to cheer on Lia at a XC meet, I picked up Wendy at 4 pm and headed into the big city.  We then spent the best evening eating a delicious, burger dinner outside the venue during the first opening band before heading inside to kill some more time before Coldplay came on at 8:55 p.m.  Since my friend, Jeremie, was working the floor as firefighter, we were able to find him before the concert and see the inside of Lumen Stadium from the floor which was a sight to behold.  Since we had gotten amazing seats in the "club section," Wendy and I then went to a lounge area and enjoyed talking in peace and quiet while the ridiculously loud, second opening band performed.  After they finished, we then went and found our amazing seats down low on one of the sides of the stadium and watched Coldplay perform for 1 hour and 55 minutes.  Just like previous concerts, they blew lots of confetti, bounced colorful beach balls all over the crowd, and provided light-up, wrist bands that lit up the stadium in amazing displays of synchronized and changing colors throughout the night.  It was a total dance party from beginning to end and one of the happiest nights of this year.  Very few things in my life compare to singing and dancing along to Coldplay as they play my all-time, favorite song, "A Sky Full of Stars."  Until next time, Coldplay...


The message I found painted on the sidewalk outside Lumen Stadium before the concert.


Wendy and I inside the venue.


Down on the floor of Lumen Field between the two opening bands' performances.  It was amazing to look around at almost 70,000 seats from down below.


One of the round screens lit up with Coldplay symbols right before the band walked out on the stage.


Wendy and I in our seats, ready to go.


And here they are!  
Coldplay singing their opening song as the beach balls were released from the floor.


A close-up of Chris Martin on the round screen.


Our matching, light-up bands!


The stadium lit up with glowing bands and bouncing balls!


The band performing on the stage.


The purple and blue, flashing spectacle of lights towards the end of the concert.  It was so amazing to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment