Saturday, March 9, 2024

Skoarding Day with Logan

After realizing a few weeks ago that we would had a free Saturday in March due to Ella having a gymnastics meet on Friday and no practice on Saturday, I bought tickets for our family to go skoarding to White Pass together.  However, a few days ago, I received an email from the girls' theater announcing that Ella had a last-minute, mandatory, Annie rehearsal scheduled for the same Saturday.  As frustrating as this was to find out about this rehearsal last minute, I was grateful that Lia opted to stay home (to get homework done and be ready for her Mean Girls callbacks the next day), so that she could drive Ella to and from her rehearsal.  So, I sadly cancelled Lia's and Ella's tickets, and sent Emmett home with my mom yesterday, so that Ron and I could still go up to the mountain with Logan.  It was a fun and unusual day to have Logan all to ourselves.  We got up early again and left by 6 a.m. to get to the mountain in time to find parking close to the resort.  We then spent the morning and afternoon skoarding around White Pass with Logan.  Logan has gotten to such a proficient level at snowboarding, that it really is so fun and pleasant to skoard on the top of the mountain with him.  It was snowy and windy most of the day, so like last time, I was actually grateful that we didn't have Ella with us as she struggles so much with skiing all day long in cold weather.  Overall, it was a nice day and I am so grateful for the chance that we had to have some one-on-one time with one of our middle children who rarely gets this kind of time and attention!


Logan and I riding the Chair #4 chairlift together.


Ron and Logan at the top of Couloir chairlift.


Like in December, we decided to take a midmorning break at the upper mountain lodge for Logan and I to have some nachos together.


Logan coming down the mountain in a flurry of snow.


Mother and son pose for a pic together.

No comments:

Post a Comment