Saturday, August 1, 2026

Ella's 1st Year at Girls' Camp

After arriving home from Priest Lake on Monday evening, I helped Ella pack for Girls Camp and headed out the next morning to meet our ward group at our church at 7:30.  I then drove a group of girls to Zions Camp where they spent the next three days and three nights.  Since this was Ella's first time going to camp, I was a little nervous about how she would do, especially since she is still quite attached to me and struggles to fall asleep at night.  With the exception of getting a total of 12 hours of sleep over the next three nights, Ella had a great time.  She enjoyed meeting new friends, participating in many of the activities, and being independent for the first time.  I was so grateful that she had a positive, first year experience, but I was also so grateful to have back her home again and sleeping ten hours a night!


Ella posing with the other girls in our ward and her camp leader, Sister Rodarte, before heading off to camp on Tuesday morning.


Since I drove Ella to camp, I was able to help her get set up in her cabin before heading back home.  Here is Ella on top of her bunk bed.


Ella posing with the other girls her age in our ward in their cabin.
From left to right:
Back row:  Madelyn, Gracie, Ella
Front row:  Annabelle & Amelia


Ella practicing her ward's skit.


The girls hanging out around the fire.


Ella and her new friend, Belle, doing the ropes course together.


Ella and Gracie jumping off of the dock.


Ella going down the slide.


Ella and Gracie learning a line dance.


A group picture taken during the dance.


The girls passing around a beach ball.


Ella posing with Tom Holland and one of the YCL's, Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment