Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Colorful Adventure

Yesterday, I went on an adventure with my dear friend, Kristina, up to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival held annually in the quaint town of La Conner. Although I have left Lia waaaay too many times for an entire day to work, I have never left her for an entire day to play. So, this was a rare treat for me. Thank you, Ron, for watching baby and making this possible! Anyways, the Skagit Valley is this unbelievably picturesque valley that hasn't been touched by modern day. Everywhere you turn, it looks like a picture on a postcard with red barns, cows out to graze, and fields that go for miles and miles. And, each April, these fields literally come to life with the most amazing palate of colors! The tulips and daffodils literally come out in full force! So, after a delicious salmon lunch in La Conner, AKW and I went on a drive through the valley and stopped at several of the fields for some frolicking.

Kristina, me, and the tulips. I know, the height difference is a bit ridiculous, but our friendship manages somehow. :-)

This is my favorite picture that I took all day long. It truly captures the bright contrast between the yellow, red, and orange tulips in the first field we visited.

The second tulip field we visited had five different hues of pinks/purples. So pretty!


Posing amidst the tulips.

I love this picture because it shows all the different shades of purples and pinks in the second field we visited.



Two different barns on the edge of the daffodil field and pink tulip field we visited.



Two more shots taken yesterday. The one on the right was a serious zoom-in job on this lone yellow tulip growing in a multi-acreage field of other colors. Isn't that amazing?! I think Kristina spotted it way off in the distance. Lyrics from the Sesame Street song, "One of These Things is Not Like the Others" immediately came to mind. Poor little, yellow tulip.

1 comment:

  1. wow, that was an azmazing picture of that one yellow flower in all the other colors. So Kristina got you for a whole day?? No fair!! I wish we could hang out sometime! Miss you! Did you check my blog and see what I'll be up to now?

    ReplyDelete