Sunday, April 5, 2009

An Early Easter

We ended up doing the Easter thing a week early this year because my mom invited us over yesterday for a little Easter egg hunt in her yard and a turkey dinner afterwards (due to the fact that it was the last night that my bro and his fam would be in town). And, you know me...if someone else offers to organize and host a holiday festivity, I'm all over that! Actually, it was just one more excuse to see my Montana family before they flew the Northwest coop. We had a really nice evening, especially because after days of crazy, tempermental weather, we had a beautiful, sunny afternoon that lent itself to a nice Easter egg hunt and walk afterwards.

Here is Miss Lia on her grandparents' lawn after the hunt trying to figure out what to do with the chocolate eggs wrapped in foil. She only succeeded in eating the foil. However, after a little peeling help, she actually munched on her first chocolate. She liked it so much that I actually heard her lips smacking for the first time. Oh dear, what have I created?

Refusing to look at the camera due to her new found fascination with Easter candy.

I just love this picture! After the hunt, Lia's big cousin, Kelsey, came over to blow some bubbles (part of the Easter egg hunt loot) at her. Here Lia sits right in the wake of the bubble spray. Kelsey and Lia really had the chance to bond this past week during the many legs of our family reunion. Her older cousin was a big help to us this week watching Lia on many differnt occasions while we ate, packed, talked, etc! Thank you, Kelsey!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! She's even wearing her bunny jacket. What a fashionable young lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys have been busy! My family wants to go to one of those log pool thing places! What's it called? ha ha I bet that was a fun easter egg hunt running around the beautifully manicured gardens of Meuller estate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lacey LOVES bubbles too! In fact, that was part of her Easter basket this year as well. It was so good to talk to you today. What cute pictures. I love staying "visually" updated on your life!

    ReplyDelete