Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day, RWH!

Since the big day to honor and celebrate fatherhood is tomorrow, this entry is dedicated to the man in my life and the father of my child! So, in no particular order, here are twenty reasons why I love my husband:

1. He will eat the leftovers that I no longer want (but refuse to throw away).
2. He does the weekly grocery shopping for the family when I can't/don't want to (this is blessing to me as I HATE shopping).
3. He loves, loves, loves our daughter.
4. He is the wittiest guy west of the Mississippi.
5. He loves to eat with the small spoons from our everyday set (leaving the large, soup spoons behind for me and my big mouth).
6. He works extremely hard at his job and excels at it!
7. His sexy tattoos (my good friend, Emily, once described them as "dirty hot"...has something to do with the same look Captain Jack Sparrow sports).
8. He loves garage saling and saving money.
9. He mows the lawn.
10. 99% of the time we are bugged by the same things people do.
11. He makes me laugh.
12. He can figure out how to fix things and make things with little to no prior training. How does he do that?!
13. Thanks to Vince Vaughn and a dozen lemons, his motto in life concerning me is, "What my baby wants, my baby gets." Thank you very much!
14. He actually understands and gets along with my father. Enough said.
15. His patience. He can give Job a run for his money.
16. He shares two of my greatest passions: eating and sleeping.
17. He completely changed his life at age 35 and joined the LDS church. What a guy.
18. He lets me be completely in charge of two things in our household that I am a bit obsessive about: the calendar and the finances.
19. He lets me be me.
20. He holds my hand in church.

Happy Father's Day, RWH! I love your guts!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun post! I'm a bit jealous of the hand-holding thing. We usually end up sitting on opposite ends of the pew! Let me add one to the list: #21: He gives roommates cinnamon rolls for "sticking" by him during a pre-engagement spat. Is it wrong that I hoped for another spat or two prior to the blissful engagement and subsequent marriage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that the whole bachelor vs mma arrangement is nowhere to be found- - maybe that falls under "...me be me" --Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome husband you have! So good to get to know him through your blog.

    ReplyDelete