Wednesday, July 1, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Since I am leaving tomorrow for almost two weeks, I thought that I'd take a few pics of my flower pots and gardens before I headed out as they are in such prime condition right now....who knows what they will look like when I come back? Scary!

Here is one of the groupings of flower pots on my front porch. The majority are planted in terracotta pots I inherited from one of my grandmas.

The grouping on the other side of the porch.

This is hands down the cutest thing in my yard (and, NO, I didn't think of it myself...the previous owner did). This window, flower box, and trellis are against one of the walls of our storage shed out back. I love the colors of the geraniums against the grey wall.

One of my herb boxes. This one features garlic, oregano (still haven't figured out what to cook this with), chives, and out-of-control parsley.


Two of the flower pots on our patio out back.

And, last but definitely not, least, our gardens....
Garden #1 along the side of our house. This one features peas (which are almost ready to be picked!), green beans, yellow squash, and broccoli.

Garden #2 along the side of the house. This one features four different types of tomatoes (can't wait!), bush beans, and a few varieties of cucumbers (Lia can't wait!).


Garden #3 in the backyard. This one specializes in zucchini, broccoli, more chives, and every type of pepper under the sun (thanks to Ron).
Not shown: the onions and cauliflower that mysteriously bit the dust last month. R.I.P.

4 comments:

  1. oregano...soups, almost anything italian, and when your tomatoes come, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with basil and oregano? pretty pretty pretty--what a good little worker you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that you also post picutres of your garden! It's like your little babies growing up, I love it! I wonder if my garden is suffering without me in OK. Probably, since we don't have a dripline out there yet. It was so fun to hang out with you in WA! Did we really not take any pictures of us together!!!????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oregano = spaghetti sauce. :-)

    You're flowers and garden look awesome! You all are amazing! :-

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're gone for 2 weeks!!! I can't talk to you for 2 MORE WEEKS?! Arg! So, does that mean you aren't going to be watching the Bachelorette tonight? Travesty!

    ReplyDelete