Monday, July 13, 2009

Paradise Found

Lia and I returned yesterday from a glorious ten day vacation at my parents' cabin on Priest Lake. Since I no longer have the time, money, or means to vacation in places such as Mykonos or Moorea, Priest Lake has truly become my paradise these past few years. I absolutely love it up there! And, it was a treat to share the time with my daughter and parents. Of the days we were on vacation, we were fortunate enough to have five fabulous, sunny days in the 80s and 90s (and those of you who know how wild and untamed the weather can be at Priest Lake will appreciate that!).

During these sunny, warm days, we busied ourselves with some of the following....



I did a bunch of this down on the dock and at the beach. I read The Shack and am 2/3 of my way through the never-ending book, The Pillars of the Earth. Good grief!


Every morning, we headed out to do some of this! My absolute favorite.



Lia and I enjoyed doing a bunch of this (the swimming, not the kissing).



Lia became a professional at doing this....

and playing in this!


All four of us became experts in this (well, Lia already is one).

And, of course, we did a lot of this!

And, spent a lot of time watching this from the deck each evening. Look at that view!

And, on the rainy, cold days.....

I FINALLY broke out my birthday gift pictured above and did a little of this.


I took those on the left and made them into these on the right (I think all onesies after 12 months only get in the way).


And, made both of these.

And, Lia spent a lot of time doing this with any willing participant.

And, also played in her magic, blue tent with this, that, and the other thing (yes, that's her toothbrush and toothpaste).

And, most importantly, we convinced Ron to drive 14-hours round trip, to spend his two days off from school with us.

While there, he did a TON of this.

But, I was just grateful that we could be this for 48-hours!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute post! I'm glad you're back so that we can finally talk :) Looks like you had a beautiful, wonderful, relaxing time. good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, you are so cute in your posts! Wow, I'm so jealous of your fabulous family vacation spot! :) Glad to see you sewing, ha ha. I love to sew! Not very good though. Glad Ron could come visit. Lia looks so absolutely adorable in all her pictures! I bet everyone can hardly keep their hands off her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, is that the O'brien in the ski shot? Glad you cleaned the dust off for me. I can't wait to be up there next month with Ron and you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a relaxing place! That's what I need-a retreat!

    ReplyDelete