Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Happenings...

We have been a little busy these past few days participating in some of the festivities of the season. Although we are best known as social recluses, Ron and I actually had three Christmas parties this weekend...one on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night. How on earth did that happen? In addition, my mom, Lia, and I headed into downtown Seattle on Monday to soak in the holiday fun in some of the hotels and department stores. I don't know about Lia, but after all of this, I think that I am ready for a long winter's nap! :-)

Lia decked out in her snowflake, holiday sweater ringing a jingle bell before Ron's work party on Friday night.

Lia jingling all the way. She has fallen in love with this holiday song and requests it all the time.

On Saturday night, Ron and I hosted a little Christmas party for anyone in our church that wanted to come. Only 15 people showed up, but we had a good time anyway dining on potluck goodies and playing a rousing white elephant game. We had Lia all ready for bed before the group showed up. After grazing off of our plates, she spent most of an hour trying on our guests' shoes and walking around the house in them before being put to bed. Such a funny baby!

Serving up!

After most of our guests left, Ron and his two UFC boys found their way to our couch to partake in some of the "UFC's Best 100 Fights of All Time." Good grief.

Sunday wrapped up the weekend o' parties with my mom's extended family Christmas party at my aunt's and uncle's house. Here is Lia in holiday sweater #2 looking as cute as can be!

The Hartland Fam. Ron and I look really tired in this picture...I think we need a vacation.

My uncle starting up the family program portion of the evening.

Riley and Lia climbing over their favorite jungle gym during the program..a.k.a. grandpa.

Monday, my mom, Lia, and I headed to Seattle to check out a few of the holiday sights and sounds. First stop was the Sheraton Hotel to check out their annual gingerbread house display in their lobby. This year, the theme was Christmas movies. Above is the Nightmare Before Christmas gingerbread house.

And The Polar Express gingerbread house.

After the Sheraton, we wandered around the Westlake mall and hit up the food court for lunch. Here is Grandma and baby in front of the large Christmas tree outside of the mall.

We went to both Nordstroms and Macys to take a gander at the outside window displays and the decor inside. Here is the traditional star outside of Macys building that originally was the Bon Marche. Glad to see that this tradition has stayed the same as so many of the other downtown ones are now gone.

Lia and I inside the holiday section of Macy's where Santa and the long waiting-line can be found (that we did NOT wait in).

As close to Santa as Lia got that day. Sorry baby!

An ornament my mom found on one of the Macy's trees. I need to make it my mantra as I don't take to those Plan B's so well. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment