Monday, September 27, 2010

She just says the darnedest things...

This past week, Lia said and or did a few things that just made me burst out loud with laughter. She truly is starting to say the darnedest things. Thank heavens for a toddler that keeps me laughing when other things in my life aren't so funny. So, here they are in chronological order:

1. Thursday afternoon: Lia has been in the midst of potty training (round 2) for the past few weeks. It has been pretty unsuccessful. She loves wearing her panties and loves sitting on the potty, BUT only pees in her panties and never on the potty. Perfect system, right? Regardless, we had to throw on some pull-ups for our trip to the bank where we met Ron to sign the papers to refinance our auto loan. Without me knowing, Lia carefully slipped her recently removed panties into her bag that she insisted on bringing to the bank with us. While we were sitting there at the desk, facing the bank manager, Lia suddenly whipped out her panties from her bag and yelled, "See!," so fast that I didn't even have a chance to process what the heck was going on. Before I knew it, Cinderella or Snow White or Aurora or another one of those darn princesses was flying around the air like a white flag surrendering at battle. Caught so off guard, I didn't know whether to burst out laughing or blush from embarrassment. So, I ended up doing both simultaneously. Oh, that girl.

2. Friday morning: The next day, I was madly rushing around trying to get us both ready and out the door for a doctor's appointment. After dressing myself, I yelled down to to Lia that I needed her to come up to change. But instead, my request was met by her overly confident reply, "I can't! I'm so sorry!" After shaking my head in disbelief, I found her busily engaged in "washing dishes" in her play kitchen at the base of the stairs. Good grief. Apparently, her agenda doesn't have time for me on Friday mornings. Note to self.

3. Later Friday morning: As I mentioned previously, this has not been the funnest of weeks for me. I have had some medical complications that have required me to go into the doctor's office several times for some "pokes" (as I explained them to Lia). The first time we went, I decided to get Lia's flu shot while we were there. Ever since that day, Lia has been very interested in "pokes" and has been talking about them constantly. So, after being called out of the waiting room, Lia was patiently sitting on my lap in the examination room while the nurse readied my shot. This particular one came in a pink case. This caught Lia's attention causing her to immediately announce out loud, "Mama's going to get a pink poke." Both the nurse and I burst out laughing. Now, THAT is truly seeing the world through rose colored lenses. If only every shot could really be as cute sounding as a "pink poke."

What would I do without my little Lou?

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great you're recording all of this, because it is so stinkin' cute and funny, but we tend to forget it so fast. Today Lacey brought me a red leaf that had fallen from a tree and said, "Look Mom, somebody painted all the leaves red!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, That is too funny! The "pink poke" is my fav!

    ReplyDelete