Thursday, January 27, 2011

Living a Double Life...

So although Lia has been in love with the Disney "princi" (plural for princess) for many months, it wasn't until this past week that she really and truly fell in love with the story of Cinderella. For some reason something just clicked one night when I put her in one of her Cinderella hand-me-down dresses and played the ball/dance scene of the movie for her on the television. Lia just stood there--awe struck--in her own gown, mesmerized for minutes. It was as though she had become Cinderella herself. Ever since that magical moment, Lia has talked incessantly about this fairy tale in the first person. She constantly worries that someone will come and "rip her dress," she runs around the house intentionally dropping one of her glass slippers, and she even called my two friends, Megan and Wendy, (who were over the other day) her stepsisters. We have verbally diagrammed the plot of this story over and over and carefully dissected many of the characters...all at her request. However, the most poetic moment of all occurred the other night when she was running around the family room in her Cinderella gown and heels and one of them broke!! Yes, you read right, one of Lia's "glass slippers" shattered into pieces...as though Walt had waltzed into our world and animated the incident himself. Needless to say, we really and truly have our own Cinderella living and breathing under our own roof. Now I'm just waiting for the fairy godmother to appear any moment...(and, boy, do I have a list for her)!

3 comments:

  1. Faith loves princi too and wears her princess dress all over. We have those same shoes and I guess we better be careful. I didn't know they could break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a stepsister! What?! I guess I kinda look like one of the stepsisters now that I think of it. Well if you have seen the cinderella #2 movie, the brunette sister finds love, and lives happily ever after. Sorry about the glass slipper breaking. She will probibly always remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete