Saturday, January 1, 2011

Walking in a Winter Wonderland...

The Hartland fam just spent a few days with my family at the Priest Lake cabin in the winter wonderland we found up there. Although it didn't snow while we were there, we had about a foot or so to play in. As always, Lia had the time of her life spending time with her "friends" (aka: her cousins) and toting Kelsey's tiny monkey named Iggy all over the place. We enjoyed great food, fun games, and plenty of sledding during our time up North and were said to leave it behind. I am so grateful for this special place that my parents built for all of us to enjoy. I heart Priest Lake in the sun and in the snow!

The first night there, I found this precious scene by the Christmas tree. Oh, how these girls love their grandmother! I don't blame them...

The Hartland fam in the snow on our first full day there!

Lia trying to figure out this deep, white stuff while her father fusses over one of the mittens.

Best buds: Kelsey and Brynn making professional snowballs with their snowball makers. Innocent bystanders...beware!

A photo of the great system my brothers devised years ago...using the ol' motorcycle to pull lazy sledders up the hill! Here is my brother Eric giving Vivi and Callie a ride.

After much coaxing, we convinced Lia to ride in the sled with me a total of two times. You can see by the look on her face that she was NOT a fan!

I just love this pic...my three handsome bros walking up the hill after another round of "ram" (the game they have been playing for over twenty years on the sledding slopes...the name of the game tells it all). Doesn't this pic look like it came straight out of an L.L. Bean catalogue?

We celebrated Callie's seventh birthday while we were there. Is she really that old? Please notice Vivi in midair in the background.

Lia clinging to Papa during another morning outside She grew less and less fond of the snow the more time she spent in it. Oh well, there's always next year....

Big, bad Spence cruising down the hill.

I slipped away with my mom for a walk in the woods so that she could try out her new snowshoes that she received for Christmas. She navigated like a pro on these contraptions and only fell once!!

One of the many mushrooms we passed on our walk covered in snow. Nature sure has a way of reinventing herself from season to season, doesn't she? Amazing.

Lia playing with the "triplets" on the day we headed for home. Oh, how she misses the fun and how I miss the constant entertainment for her.

A last photo of Priest Lake in all of her four degree glory! Boy was it chilly our last morning there! Can't wait to see her again all thawed out this summer.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time. It reminds of my Christmas' when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the picture of the girls with Liz - made me get a little teary.

    ReplyDelete