Sunday, August 26, 2012

Blake Island Camping

We just returned from our third annual camping trip to Blake Island with my family.  Oh, how I love this place!  This was the first year that I attempted to go camping alone with two children instead of one.  I think that it would have really been a success had we not ended up being three feet away from another tent with a one-year old that cried most of the night.  Although Lia and my mom slept pretty well, I spent most of the night awake either stressing that this child would wake Logan up or rocking him back to sleep after being woken up.  Needless to say, I was a bit of a walking zombie on Saturday and completely forgot to put sunblock on Lia or me which was a problem since we were blessed with incredibly sunny weather.  I returned home Saturday evening sunburned and exhausted, but still grateful that we went; however, I made Ron promise that he will be accompanying us from now on! 

 
Lia hanging out with some of her cousins while dinner was being cooked.

 
My brothers working on the foil dinners.

 
My mom helping me watch Logan while eating dinner.


The two baby cousins:  Logan and Trenton all bundled up for the evening.
 

 
Since we have been fortunate enough to have gorgeous weather all three years, we always have a stunning sunset and view of Mt. Rainier.  Here are Rebecca and Logan joining me for a quick photo!
 
 
Mt. Rainier in all her glory!
 
 
After dinner, Eric got the kids together to play a "game" of football. 

 
This game included a pig pile that even Lia decided to jump on!


A few of us walked down to Tillicum Village during their evening feast and performance.  Here are Brynn, Rebecca, Logan, and I posing with the totem pole out front.
 

 
Lia spent quite a bit of time on Saturday morning playing on the campground playground with some of her cousins.

 
Vivi, Lia, and Callie sliding down the slide that Riley covered with rocks.

 
Three cute girls!
 
 
After most of the group left on a walk around the island, Riley joined Lia on the beach for some sand play and beachcombing.  It was so fun to watch these two play so well together for over an hour. 

 
Riley and Lia looking for cool rocks, shells, and empty crab shells.

 
Our beachcombers hard at work! 

 
Riley and Lia running back to show me their spoils!


 I just love this photo.  Two cousins hard a work with the Seattle skyline in the background.  It truly was a glorious day on Saturday.
 

 
Lia, Logan, and I all packed up and ready to head back to the "mainland." 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment