Monday, August 13, 2012

Priest Lake Again...

We just returned from another ten days of summer fun up at Priest Lake.  We joined my parents and both Brent's and Chris' families and had a great time.  Lia, Logan, and I hitched a ride up with my mom and dad as Ron had to work, but he was able to join us at the end of our trip for a weekend before taking us back home.  We had some of the most glorious weather I have ever seen up there--every day was in the 80s or the 90s and the lake temperature reached an unbelievable 79 degrees!  Incredible.  We loved all of our time playing in the sand and on the dock, tubing and skiing behind the boat, swimming in the water, and watching the Olympics at night!  I also fell in love with paddle boarding and tried to get out every day on my brother's windsurf board for a cruise along the shore or out into the middle of the lake.  As always, I can't wait until next summer comes again.

 
The cousin line-up on the boat.

 
Logan's usual position from inside the tent.

 
Lia hanging out with some of her cousins.

 
Grandma rocking Logan to sleep.

 
Riley and Lia on a mission.  I always love watching these two play together due to the extreme differences in the hair color!
 
 
Big cousin Spencer was a HUGE help to me all week long while Ron was back at home.

 
Brent holding the newest additions to our family!

 
Sucker madness!  This is how I found Logan one day in his crib after a nap.  It made me laugh so hard to see him sucking on one pacifier while holding the other two in both hands.

 
Paddle boarding along the shore! 

 
Mama and Lia.

 
A typical day on the dock--lots of people, toys, and activity!

 
Logan's first swim in the lake.  He was pretty mellow about the entire thing.

 
"Swimming" along!
 
 
Lia swimming with Sarah Mae.

 
Lia invented this "mermaid dive" where she jumps off the dock and throws her feet back like they are a fin.  Yes, she is obsessed with all things related to Ariel.

 
Some girl time on the swing!

 
Lia's older cousins, Brynn and Kelsey, were kind enough to go on a calm inner tubing ride with Lia one night after dinner.  The excitement on Lia's face says it all.

 
And they're off!

 
We took the gang to Fairy House Beach one day to play.

 
The next generation of Priest Lake lovers!

 
After Ron joined us on our second weekend there, he and my dad completed their annual swim across the lake on Saturday morning.  Here they are at the end of the swim!

 
Paddling around with some of the girls!

 
Thanks to morning naps and willing helpers to watch Logan, I was able to go on a morning ski with my brothers most mornings while we were there.  We found almost perfect water each day and had a glorious time cutting it up.  Oh, how I love this sport.

 
Not too bad for a nursing mama in her mid thirties and six months postpartum. :-)

 
Eric's family joined the group the night before we left.  As a result, we were able to get a picture with grandma and grandpa and all of their grandchildren on the deck before leaving Sunday morning.  Look at that beautiful posterity!

 
My entire fam minus two sis-in-laws, Rebecca and Susie! 
 


1 comment:

  1. The water skiing pictures are killing me!! You are my idol!!

    Shani

    ReplyDelete