Saturday, January 25, 2014

I Didn't Want To Do It...

There were a couple of things that I decided for myself as a single adult in my twenties, and one of them was that I would NEVER be a minivan mom.  Never.  I figured that as long as I could choose my own cars, I would never have to own one.  I simply did not like how they looked and I did not like the stigma attached to them.  After all, why couldn't I be one of those moms that cruised around town in a cool looking SUV or crossover?  Well, never say never is what I have to say to that.  After we bought my sassy, orange, Dodge Caliber over two years ago, we quickly realized that the back row was not wide enough to fit three car seats.  As a result, we knew that the time would hopefully come (sooner than later) when we would need to replace it with a larger car.  So, ever since that day, Ron and I have casually been looking for our dream, family mobile.  From the edgy, Ford Flex to the sophisticated, GMC Acadia, the list of cool crossovers that we drooled over could go on and on.  But, there was always the same problem.  They were just too dang expensive!  Even the used ones were way more than your basic, brand new minivan.  And, once we found out that we were expecting baby #3, we started going back and forth between choosing the practical option and the dream option...and I fought the practical the entire way.  Until this past week that is.  It all changed when we found a steal of a car deal on a minivan and I suddenly found myself saying goodbye to the crossover fantasy and driving a brand new, minivan home on Thursday night.  I must admit, I was actually depressed leaving the car dealership in my shiny, new car that smelled so good.  But it had to be done.  And so I enter a new world with millions of other mothers and, hopefully, I'll find myself comfortable and content being there one day.


Farewell to my cute, little pumpkin that was always so easy to spot in a parking lot!


Hello to my silver, soccer mom car that looks like everyone else's!  Wah!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Lisa, I feel your pain! We held out in our Toyota Rav4 and Honda Civic with 3 kids, but both were TIGHT! #4 is what put us over edge and I so begrudgingly traded in my cute RAV4 for our minivan. But, it has been so nice to have the room.... and the DVD player :) So, what kind of van is that? I can't tell? And I had no idea you had been driving around that cute orange car for the past couple years!

    ReplyDelete