Monday, April 18, 2016

Lia's First Softball Game

After a month of practices, we ventured out tonight for Lia's first softball game at a nearby elementary schools.  As with both soccer and basketball, this has really been the year of Lia just learning the basics of these three, team sports.  However, since I never played this sport growing up, I had no idea how much more complicated and involved softball was compared to soccer and basketball.  There is so much more to learn and so much more equipment to buy!  Good grief.  Luckily, Lia's fabulous basketball coach decided to also coach a softball team for one of the little league organizations in our town.  So, Lia joined this team with a bunch of girls from her basketball team in addition to her good friend, Mollie.  She has worked really hard the past few weeks to learn the basics of catching, throwing, and hitting the ball.  Besides hurting her finger really bad one night at practice, Lia has really enjoyed the experience and has already said that she wants to play again next year.  Here are some pics of Lia's first game!


Lia up to bat next!


Getting ready!


Swinging away at the ball!


Logan loved running back and forth between the school's playground and me all evening long.  I was just grateful as it kept him happy for almost two hours.  Here is my cute kid running back to check in with me.


At one point, the coach decided to let Lia play catcher which involved wearing some serious equipment.  I couldn't get over how cute she looked.  Here is Lia waiting to catch the ball.


Both Logan and Ella followed me over while I took some pictures to take a gander at their big sis all dressed up in scome crazy clothes.  Here is Logan staring at her...


and little Ella, too!


Lia's team, the Sun Devils, congratulating their opponments after the game was over.


Lia and the rest of her teammates running off the field for the huddle.


Lia giving me a cute smile while listening to her coach.


Finishing off the huddle with a team cheer!


The huddle breaking to head home.


My cute softball player striking a pose!

No comments:

Post a Comment