Sunday, June 5, 2016

Backyard Play

Since there have been so many warm, 80 plus degree days this year, our kiddie pool has already been dragged out multiple times this spring.  After a few uses, Logan came up with the brilliant idea of putting the pool at the bottom of our slide.  I then had the idea to run the hose water down the slide creating the perfect, little water slide for everyone to enjoy.  It has turned out to be so much fun--even for me!  I tell you, that boy comes up with the funniest ideas.  I finally got around to getting my camera out today to take some pictures of Lia, Logan, and Ella enjoying this backyard, watery fun!  I even got pictures of Logan taking our sled down the slide and into the pool.  Oh, how I love watching our children enjoy playing together in the backyard.  It just makes me smile.


All three of our children playing together (it's hard to see Ella who is at the top of the slide).


Lia going down the slide with her goggles on.


Lia crashing into the pool.


This is the first time that Logan got up the nerve to go down the slide face first.  It was pretty awesome to see him splashing into the pool with his goggles on (especially since he never liked getting his face wet in swim lessons earlier this spring).


Logan sliding into the water.


After pleading with Ella to go down the slide with Lia several times, she broke into tears and threw a little tantrum on the platform of the play set.  I just couldn't resist taking a picture because she looked so cute in this praying position.


Logan climbing up the ladder with his goggles on.


Ella finally changed her mind and decided to go down with Lia.


The two girls landing in the water.


Ella and me taking a turn.


Another crazy and wild landing for mama and daughter!


Lastly, Logan cruising down on his sled.  I just think this is the funniest thing.


Reaching the water.


And cruising to an abrupt stop.


The three girls posing in the pool with Logan standing in the background (after refusing to be in the picture with us).  Oh that boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment