Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Ella and the Big Bike!

It is no secret that our little Ella is hand's down the most adventurous, fearless, and coordinated of our kiddos.  She thinks she can do everything her older siblings do...and, most of the time, she's can!  So, I shouldn't have been surprised when I poked my head out last night to call the kids to dinner and found Ella riding around on Logan's big boy bike like it was no big deal!  But, I must admit, that my mouth totally dropped when I saw this!  I immediately turned to Lia and asked, "When did Ella start riding Logan's bike?" to which Lia casually responded, "Today."  Good grief!  Just that morning, I had been outside with Logan and Ella and was surprised to see that Ella had finally figured out how to pedal around on her Winnie the Pooh trike (all summer long, she had scooted around on it).  Within a matter of hours, she had graduated from trike to bike.  Good grief.
This may come as no big deal to some parents to have a two-year old cruising around on a bike with training wheels, but I didn't buy Lia's first big girl bike until she was four years old.  And that entire spring/summer, she would gingerly ride it around our flat cul-de-sac (only with a parent at her side) and would freak out every time there was the slightest of dip in the sidewalk.  With that previous experience in mind, one can understand my shock at seeing Ella proficiently pedal a big bike around our sport's court without a parent even helping her get up on the bike, no less teach her how to use the pedals.
Ever since this moment in time yesterday, Ella and Logan have been fighting like cats and dogs over his bike.  Ella is totally bored with her trike and wants to ride the big kid bike and Logan doesn't want anyone touching his bike.  I get it, I get.  I guess I'll be perusing Craig's List in the next day or two to find a suitable replacement for Ella's newly discovered interest!


Ella proudly showing off her new bike riding skills!


Pedaling away.


Flashing me her million dollar smile.


The cutest two-year old ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment