Saturday, February 11, 2017

Logan's Fifth Birthday

After wrapping up the Valentine's Day party for the church girls on February 9th, I had to then turn around and focus on Logan's birthday the next two days!  Although I had started hosting friend birthday parties for Lia when she turned five, Logan had told me several times over the past few months that he did not want a friend party.  Then two weeks before his birthday, Logan informed me that he just wanted his best friend and cousin, Trenton, to come to his family party.  I called up my sister-in-law, Natalee, the next day to see if their family was free and amazingly they were.  However, we did decided to push back the party by one day from a Friday to a Saturday so that they wouldn't have to battle horrible rush hour traffic driving here from Port Orchard.  As it turned out, I was also grateful for one day to breathe in between the church party and Logan's party.  Overall, I think that Logan felt pretty special for two days and had a good time celebrating his birthday in his own kind of way.  I can't tell you how much I love this little guy of mine.  Although he has been my toughest toddler to date, I just love him to pieces.  His big brown eyes, thick, dark hair, and big smile just melt my heart.  He makes me laugh every day and I can never kiss him enough!  I love his unique personality and the fun and flavor he brings to our family every day.  Happy Birthday, Logie Boy!  I love you to pieces!
 

Logan started off the morning of his birthday, February 10th, by helping me put little, pirate flags in the blue cupcakes that I made for his preschool class.


Logan showing off one of his cupcakes with his crazy, bedhead hair that he wakes up with most mornings.


I then made waffles with whipped cream and strawberries for his birthday breakfast.  He even got to eat in the dining room with his sisters and mama before rushing off to school.  Here he is blowing out the candles.


One of the perks of celebrating your birthday at Logan's preschool is that you get to be line leader and do show-and-tell in addition to bringing the snack.  Here is Logan standing at the front of his preschool line with his little sissy at his side.


After preschool and lunch, I let Logan skip his nap and stay downstairs with me.  Since coloring is one of his favorite activities right now, he sat at the kitchen table for over an hour coloring while wearing his birthday crown that he got at preschool.  I just thought it was the cutest thing.


We normally do not go out to eat in a restaurant for our birthday celebration since I usually make a nice dinner at home.  But since we weren't celebrating Logan's birthday until the next night, I felt like we needed to do something special on his actual birthday night.  As a result, we took Logan and the girls out to dinner to his favorite restaurant--Applebees.  Here is my silly, birthday boy posing with me after his dinner had been served! 


Ella giving me a funny smile from her seat.


And Lia and papa across the table from us looking cute!


Logan enjoyed eating his complimentary, birthday sundae after finishing his dinner.


After we came home from the restaurant, we let Logan open up two of his gifts--one individual one and one group one.  Here he is opening up his individual gift.


The girls gathering around Logan before he opened the group gift.


Lia helping Logan take out the swimsuits and beach towels from the group gift before discovering a note at the bottom which said...


YOU ARE GOING TO THE GREAT WOLF LODGE!  
Ron and I decided to take the kids there in two weeks during the midwinter break from school.  Needless to say, they were soooo excited!


On Saturday, February 11th, we were joined by grandma and grandpa and Trenton and his family.  We enjoyed eating a spread of sloppy joes, tater tots, chips and dip, Caesar salad, smokies wrapped in bacon, a fruit platter, corn, and grandma's red punch.  Here are Callie, Ron, Lia, and grandma getting ready to serve up their plates.


Logan and Trenton eating dinner.


The gang gathered around the table in the kitchen.


After dinner, we moved into the living room for presents.  Here is Logan opening up his first one...


an awesome pirate hat to go with his pirate costume he got for Christmas!


Grandpa, Riley, Ella, Chris, and Lia watching Logan open his gifts.


Hand's down Logan's favorite present of the evening was this pirate ship he spotted at Toys R Us months ago.  He was so excited when he opened it that he just started screaming!


Logan and Trenton showing off his new toy!


Logan opening up the bin of Legos that grandma and grandpa gave him.


The boys playing with the pirate ship before cake and ice cream time.


I ordered a customized, edible image of BB8 and placed it on a chocolate cake I made from scratch.  I thought it turned out pretty cute and it was much easier than making a BB8 image out of frosting.  


Singing "Happy Birthday" to Logan while wearing his awesome pirate hat.


Trenton singing his little heart out!


Logan blowing out the candles!


The birthday boy eating his BB8 cake on a Darth Vader plate with his best friend at his side.  It doesn't get much better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment