Saturday, April 1, 2017

Ella's 3-Year Update


Well, it really happened.  Our baby girl turned three years old yesterday and I am still just scratching my head.  I simply cannot believe how fast the past three years have gone.  There is really nothing "babyish" left in Ella except for the fact that she still sleeps in a crib, eats in a high chair, and sucks on a ya-ya (which is going to end after our trip to Mexico).  She is such a little girl now instead of a toddler.  Ella just looks and acts so grown up these days.  Her vocabulary has really advanced in the past few months and she just sounds so mature when she talks to us in these long sentences and paragraphs.  She is still such a girly-girly, too.  She loves anything pink, princess, and pretty.  She loves playing with any kind of doll--little or big and always is bringing a doll over to us to play with her.  In fact, when she doesn't have two dolls with her (when she is in the car or laying in bed with me in the morning), she will ask me to "play with my hand" meaning that she wants me to use my hand to play pretend dolls with her.  It really is such a creative and cute idea that Lia never thought of.  Ella loves watching princess and Barbie movies, reading princess and Barbie books (that usually are taken from Lia's bookshelf), and dressing up like princesses and Barbies.  She can be found walking around the house in princess shoes with a purse and five necklaces wrapped around her neck at any given moment.  I just love that she is totally into this dress-up phase as we have so many wonderful clothes left over from Lia's younger years that are just waiting to be played with.  Ella still loves her mama, pink blanket, and pacifier the most, but other favorites include taking baths for fun, secretly playing with toys in Lia's room, and singing real and made-up songs.  She is still full of energy and usually runs everywhere she goes.  Ella is also doing a really good job playing independently on a regular basis and can play really nicely with Logan as long as he is being nice to her.  However, if his is not being nice to her, Ella has no problem shouting and screaming and crying at the top of her lungs!  It drives me a little bonkers at times which leads me to the next development in Ella's life which is the throwing of tantrums.  Although Ella is NO where as near as bad as Logan was at this age, she definitely has learned to incorporate tantrums into her life.  Although it doesn't occur on a daily basis, she does throw them several times a week.  Some times she ends up on the floor, but most of the time she runs upstairs into her bedroom and slams her door.  After staying up there for several minutes and cooling down on her own, she normally reappears quite happy and recovered.  In my opinion, this is the perfect way for her to throw a tantrum and I am quite fine with her doing this on a regular basis.  Some funny words and phrases that Ella has recently said or is saying at the current moment are:
"Clap my hands" for a high 5
"Crackers fishy" instead of fishy crackers
"Is it mines?" (instead of "mine" which she learned from Logan)
"Garbage trash" for garbage truck
"That makes me mad" or "That makes me happy"
"Not fair!' 
"Watch me sing."
"Can you play with your hand?" mentioned above
"I want to go home" which she often times will say when we ARE home
"My belly hurts" when she doesn't want to eat something or she sometimes will just say it so that she can go into the bathroom and put a band-aid on her stomach which is the cutest thing ever.
"I don't like this go home!" which she once angrily said to me after I decided to drive a different way home.
And this is our 3-year old girl in a nutshell!  Love you, Ellie B! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment