Monday, June 5, 2017

All Healed!

Well, it actually happened!  After only three weeks and two days, Logan got his cast off today!  I still can't believe it.  I had no idea that a broken bone could heal that fast, but according to the doctor, children's bones can heal really fast when they are young.  Lucky for us!
Logan had his appointment this afternoon at the same orthopedic clinic in Tacoma where he got his cast on.  After picking him up from the preschool co-op that I am doing with three other moms from his old preschool class, I rushed back home to make lunch for the kids and my mom and me (who had come down from Issy to babysit Ella during the doctor's appointment).  I was in such a hurry to get lunch finished and cleaned up and out the door that I totally forgot to bring my camera.  I was so annoyed when I realized this at the doctor's office as I rarely ever do this--especially for such a monumental event like a child getting a cast off!  So, I am sorry, Logan, that there aren't any pictures of your new x-rays and the cool saw that the nurse used to cut off your cast.  Regardless, we got to the clinic right on time and were seen after only a few minutes of waiting in the lobby.  After the nurse sawed off Logan's cast, we were taking into the x-ray room for a series of x-rays before being sent back to our room to wait for the doctor.  Logan was so brave during all of these steps--especially the saw cutting off the cast part as that sure was scary for him!  When the doctor came into our room, she happily announced that all of the breaks on Logan's elbow were healed and showed me the new, bone growth on his x-rays (that were a different color than the rest of his bone).  We were all so happy at this news!  This means that Logan can participate in his swim lessons that start in three weeks and not miss out on any of the water fun we have planned for this summer.  I am so relieved that this is all over and so proud of how brave Logan has been these past few weeks.  He never complained once which is just amazing to me.  Good job, Logie!  We love you!


One of the few pictures I took today!  Logan showing off his healed arm after we got home.


Logan showing me how he can bend his arm again.  It must have felt so good to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment