Friday, June 30, 2017

3 and 1/3 Years Old!


I know I say this every time, but it is hard to believe that my baby girl is now 3 and 1/3 years old today.  Ahhhh!  Can I just push the "stop" button on her life?!  Apparently not.  Ella continues to just grow up and become more of a little girl and less of a toddler.  She is so full of energy and constantly one step ahead of me.  She loves princesses, riding her bike outside, playing hide-and-go-seek, singing made-up songs, and looking at books.  She also thought of the funniest thing to do whenever she wants to play dolls with one of us, but doesn't have any dolls around (like when we are in the car).  She will ask either Lia, Ron, or me the question, "Can you play with your hand?"  We then will have to use our hand to move and talk like a doll.  This little game can go on for several minutes with her and it is just the funniest thing.  Ella really loves playing with her brother and sister when they are around and will allow it and she has also started to interact with other children when we are at a park or during a play date.  Ella is all girl and loves anything Disney princess, Barbie, or dress-up.  She has also asked on several occasions if she can take ballet class.  Ella is also in the current phase where she asks questions all the time.  She will also ask the same question over and over again even though I repeatedly answer it over and over again.  The funniest question that she likes to ask me on an almost daily basis is, "What time is it?"  This just cracks me up since she has zero concept of time in the first place.  Ella has also not mastered the art of whispering and consistently talks really loud in Sacrament Meeting in church which bothers Ron a lot.  Ella has also started to refine the art of tantrum throwing.  Although she pales in great comparison to her older brother at this age, she still throws a couple of short-lived tantrums a day right now.  It's not my favorite thing, but I will take it any day over what Logan put me through when was three years old.  In addition to throwing tantrums, Ella has no qualms about expressing her dislike of certain people at times.  She will shout, "I don't like you!  I don't like anyone!" when she is mad at you.  She also likes to yell, "Never!" when she is not in the mood to do something. On the other hand, she can say, "I don't know," in the sweetest voice in response to questions like, "Ella, why are you so cute?"  Other funny things that she says are "waters" and "mines" (just like Logan).  She also recently asked me, "How old me?" when wanting to know here age.  And, this one was my favorite of the last three months.  When we were talking about something that had happened before she was born, Ella said, "I wasn't there.  I wasn't born.  I was still up in Jesus."  So cute.  We love you, Ellie B!

No comments:

Post a Comment