Sunday, December 10, 2017

Logan and His Second Lost Tooth

I don't know if it was due to the fact that Logan is our second child, OR because it was is the midst of the busy, holiday season, OR because it got loose really fast, but I had no idea how loose Logan's second tooth had become over the past few weeks.  Normally, I am well informed on the progress of the our children's loosening teeth.  I am usually updated on an almost daily basis for weeks until the triumphant day arrives and the tooth comes out.  Regardless of the reason, it was a total shock to me when Logan's second tooth came out yesterday as he had only told me a handful of times that it was loose.  And the last time I recall Logan showing it to me, it was just a little wiggly.  It actually happened yesterday morning while Logan was grocery shopping with Ron.  They were in Fred Meyer--our favorite grocery store that actually has a bin of free produce for children to choose from and eat while shopping in the store.  Logan was sitting in the grocery cart munching away on a banana when he felt his tooth come out.  Instead of freaking out (which is what I would have predicted he would have done), Logan calmly fished the tooth out of his mouth and handed it to Ron.  Ron then proceeded to finish his shopping with the tooth tightly held in his hand.  It wasn't until they got to the checkout counter that Ron was able to ask for a little bag to put the tooth in.  Needless to say, the tooth arrived safely home with them and Logan was able to proudly announce to the girls and me that his tooth had finally come out!  We were all very excited for Logan and quickly had him run upstairs to put it under his pillow.  I am happy to report that all three of his boy, tooth fairies, Tommy, Toby, and Terry, came through with flying colors last night, leaving behind a note, $2, and his tooth (par Logan's request so that he could keep it in his special "tooth box")!


No comments:

Post a Comment