Monday, September 3, 2018

Another Installment of Logan-isms and Ella-isms


Logan and Ella are still at such a fun age where they continue to say things that leave Ron, Lia, and me in stitches.  I just love it and will dearly miss the days when they grow out of saying such funny things on a regular basis.  Like in the past, I have been keeping a list of some of the best Logan-isms and Ella-isms from the past few months and am finally getting around to typing them up.  So, here goes!

1.  Ella was sitting at the kitchen table and asked me to help her with something.  Since I was in the middle of making lunch, I told her to wait just a minute to which she yelled, "I hate just a minute!"

2.  Ron implemented a rewards system several months ago where the children work towards earning a certain amount of beans that they put in a glass jar.  Once they reach a specific number, they can earn a predetermined award.  Fast forward to one morning last spring when I was driving the kids to school.  Since I take a shortcut through a neighborhood each morning, I am required to take a left hand turn on a pretty busy road.  Once morning, after waiting to turn for quite some time, I noticed a car down the hill slowing down to take his own left hand turn.  As a result, all of the cars behind him were forced to stop and wait for him which created a break in the traffic for me.  I immediately said, "Good job, car!" to which Ella responded, "He should get a bean!"

3.  One afternoon, both Ella and Logan were playing in their miniature sandboxes at the kitchen table.  Ella has a mermaid-themed sandbox and Logan has a pirate-themed sand box.  Normally, when they are done playing in these boxes, their hands are covered in sand.  However, on this particular day, I noticed that Ella's hands were really clean after she declared that she was done playing.  After seeing her clean hands, I immediately began praising her.  Logan then declared, "I never keep my hands that clean.  I'm wild with pirates!"

4.  One of Ella's favorite primary songs that she has learned at church is "The Wise Man Built" and she can be found singing it at random times.  It really is the cutest thing.  One day, I noticed that she was singing the words wrong for one line of the song.  Instead of singing, "The rains came down and the floods came up," she was singing, "The rains came down and the flowers came up."  Not only does this mistake make perfect sense, it is just the cutest, little girly version of this song possible!

5.  This past spring when the weather finally started to warm up, Logan's Kindergarten teacher started to remind the children that they should dress appropriately so that they do not get too hot at recess.  Logan came home one day from school and said, "Mrs. Kirklie told us to wear our short-sleeved shirts and our short-sleeved pants to school."  Isn't that just the cutest way to describe shorts?!

6.  One evening, the kids and I were leaving the fancy mall where the American Girl Doll store is located.  As we were driving out of the parking lot, we past the Pottery Barn store with its large, front windows.  After looking at it, Logan said out of the blue, "Everything in that store looks like it's made out of panda fur."  Needless to say, Lia and I both burst out laughing at this purely Logan comment!

7.  One day while I was making grilled cheese sandwiches for the kids for lunch, Logan asked, "Why is it girl cheese sandwiches instead of boy cheese sandwiches?"  Apparently, he has been saying 'grilled cheese sandwiches' wrong his entire life and we had never even noticed!

8.  Although I have never bought the girls bikinis to wear, we have received several hand-me-downs from one of Ron's coworkers who has provided us with beautiful clothes ever since Ella was born.  Every year, we get one or two bikinis that I normally end up passing on to someone else.  However, I have never gotten around to getting rid of the newest batch that came through our door this summer.  As a result, Ella can be found wearing them in our backyard from time to time.  On one of these occasions, Ella proudly announced to Lia, "I'm wearing a belly button swimsuit!"

9.  One day this summer, the kids and I were driving in the car and Ella announced for the umpteenth time that she didn't want to get married and have kids.  As always, I told her that she only has get married and have kids if she wants to.  Lia then chimed in that she did want to get married and have kids to which Logan responded, "I want to have kids, but I don't want to do the kissing part."  Oh that boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment