Sunday, November 10, 2019

Lia's Church Solo


Lia had the chance to sing a solo in her primary program two years ago when she was nine years old.  It was the first time that she ever had a chance to do such a thing and we were all blown away by what a great job she did and by the amount of compliments that she got.  Ever since then, we have wondered if this is a talent she should pursue, but didn't have the time to fit it into her schedule.  We decided last Spring that she would finish off piano lessons in June and replace them with singing lessons in the fall.  I asked around and found a reasonably priced voice teacher in the area and Lia has been meeting with her once a week ever since September.  A month or two ago, I also asked our primary music leader if Lia could have a chance to sing another solo in her last primary program.  Luckily, the music leader agreed and arranged for Lia to sing a solo and then a quartet (with the three other girls her age) in a section of a wonderful, new primary song called "The Miracle."  Lia was able to practice singing her solo the last few weeks with her voice teacher and at home and did an amazing job today.  We got to church early with my parents and Ron's Aunt Blanche who is visiting from San Francisco and were able to get good seats at the front of the chapel.  Lia was so brave and did such a wonderful job.  She sang her solo with such clarity and confidence.  She then did a great job singing in her quartet after her solo was completed with the other three girls her age.  It made my mom and me totally cry as I was so proud of her and felt the spirit so strongly while she sang.  I was so impressed with Lia as I never would have had the courage to do this when I was eleven years old.  I can't wait to see what she does with this talent of hers in the years to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment