Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Lia's 1st Year at Girls Camp!


After only being home one day from North Carolina, we made a quick turn around and sent Lia off to Girl's Camp yesterday morning.  Since we were gone almost 12 hours our one day home (on our Whidbey Island outing), Lia and I got up Tuesday morning and packed for camp in one hour.  Luckily, since I am used to packing for five people on every family trip we go on, packing for one person is not that big of a deal.  After feeding the kids breakfast and making Lia a lunch for the road, we left a little before 10 o'clock to meet the rest of the YW and the leaders going to camp in the church parking lot.  Due to Covid-19, Lia's first year of camp was cancelled last summer.  So although this should have been her second year at camp, it really is her first.  Lia was a mixture of emotions--both very excited and also a little nervous.  I gave her a little pep talk on the drive to the church and was proud of how calm and cool she was acting.  I quickly helped get her stuff loaded in one person's car and made sure she was set to ride up in another car with her longtime friend, Alyssa, at her side.  I gave her a quick hug and went on my way since I left Logan in charge at home of both Ella and Emmett which is always a bit of a risky situation.  Since we are unable to communicate with Lia in any way during these four nights and five days apart, I keep on finding myself thinking about her and wondering how she is doing.  I hope that she is staying safe, not being too homesick, and having a wonderful time.  We'll have to wait until Saturday to find out!

Here are a few pictures of Lia's adventures at camp that I was able to get from the stake website and also a few of her leaders.






















No comments:

Post a Comment