Thursday, August 12, 2021

Fun in the Sun!

We have been enjoying one of the most glorious summers that I can ever remember with nonstop, sunny weather every single day since the last day of school.  Although the kids and I have been outside enjoying this weather and playing in the water several days a week while we are in town, I have not been taking pictures of everything since I really enjoy just living in the moment and not being stuck behind a camera.  However, I have taken pictures a couple of times, so I thought that I would include a few of these pictures in this post to show some of the fun activities that we have been enjoying while this warm weather lasts.


On July 29th, while Lia was at Girls Camp, I took the younger three kiddos to our favorite splash pad in Tacoma, Titlow Beach, that we try to visit once a summer every year.  Since the splash pad was closed last summer due to Covid, we were unable to enjoy it, so I made sure that we made it there this year.  Emmett absolutely loved it and Logan, Ella, and I all had so much fun running around the splash pad with him.


Ella kept on laying on one of the large rocks in the splash pad to soak up the heat from the dry rock after getting cold in the water.  She is so funny as she is normally experiences one of two extreme temperatures:  "sweating hot" or "freezing cold."


Ella hiding under my favorite water feature that I call the "water umbrella."


Both Logan and Ella under the "umbrella."


Two cuties sunning themselves on a rock.


Although we try to spend a day at Lake Samm once a week during the weeks that we are in town throughout the summer, we always make a point of inviting our close friends from Shaw Road E.S. to go with us once a summer.  This summer, I invited six moms and three of them were able to join us with their children on August 9th.  Heather, Katie, and Mariah all followed us up to Issaquah and we enjoyed several hours playing in the water.  Since the this summer has been so unusually hot, the lake is incredible warm and pleasant to swim in.  The kids all had so much fun playing in the water along with Emmett and me.  Here is Lia with three of her closest friends (Sienna, Rian, and Mollie) hanging out on the paddle board.


The four girls striking a pose.  Although not everyone can make it every year, we have taken a group picture of the girls every year for several summers.  And, yes, Lia and Sienna are wearing matching swimsuits.  We introduced Sienna's mom to the fabulous, modest swimsuits sold by Land's End this year and she ended up buying an identical one that I had already purchased for Lia.


Logan, Ella, and Emmett hanging out on the paddle boat together.


On August 11th, the kids and I spent a gloriously warm morning and early afternoon at Stewart Heights water park.  The weather was stunning and the numbers were low since we were able to attend the new early session from 11:30 to 1:30.  We all had such a great time playing in the water, going down the water slide (me included!), and floating in the lazy river.


Here is a sibling photo that I was trying to take of the children before the huge dump bucket dumped.  It ended up happening right as I was taking the second picture which totally distracted Emmett, but made for a cool photo.


The three older siblings floating in the lazy river.


A close-up of my cutie, Ella.


Logan coming down the water slide.


Emmett and I had such a good time going around the lazy river several times together.  I was able to get Lia to take a few pictures of us as we went around.


My baby and me.


Emmett has gotten so brave in the water over the course of the summer.  He loves jumping into my arms anywhere we go and even tried doing a cannonball at this pool after watching Logan do one.  Although he did a perfect, little cannonball, Emmett was not happy with how it felt to have his face go completely under water and didn't try it again!


Two water babies at play.


My boys and me!  Oh, how I love these little guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment