Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Tickling the Ivories


Ella has been begging me to start piano lessons for quite some time now.  Since I learned years ago from my sis-in-law, Natalee, that the best time to start lessons is in 2nd grade once children have a basic grasp of reading, I kept on telling Ella that she needed to wait until then.  Since Logan showed ZERO interest in playing the piano when he was younger, I decided that it would be most beneficial to start them together when he is in fourth and Ella is in 2nd grade.  So, after doing some research and deciding not to return to the same teacher that Lia used for four years, I signed both of them up with another teacher from church who luckily had two back-to-back lesson times available on Wednesdays.  So, I dropped both of the children off today for their first lesson.  Ella was absolutely thrilled and Logan was so miserable that he was almost in tears!  This is so typical of their personalities as Ella is usually so excited and enthusiastic about trying anything new and Logan is so scared to death that he would rather crawl into a hole with his pile of blankets and never return!  Oh dear.  They both seemed to have a positive first lesson and I hope that this turns out to be a good experience for both of them.  Time will only tell...


Although Logan was totally uninterested in having his picture taken while practicing the piano, Ella was more than willing to sit down and tickle the ivories for a few moments while I snapped some pictures.  Isn't she just so cute?!

No comments:

Post a Comment