Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Carving Pumpkins!

Although we went to the pumpkin patch two weeks ago to pick out our pumpkins, they have been patiently waiting on our porch all this time to be carved or decorated.  We finally had a free evening last night to gather around the kitchen table after dinner to complete this fun project.  Logan and I opted to carve our pumpkins while Lia, Ella, and Emmett chose to paint theirs instead.  I am loving this painting option that Ron introduced to our family a few years ago since it allows my kids to decorate their pumpkins with little to no help!  Since Emmett is finally old enough to really be interested and involved in holiday activities, it was so fun to watch him carefully paint his pumpkin with several different blobs of color with Ron sitting at his side.  Ella painted a cat face on her pumpkin while Logan carved the word, Covid, into his.  Lia found an idea online and secretly painted a cute, "Boo" face onto her pumpkin that no was allowed to see until the end.  I took the easy way out and only carved eyes into my pumpkin since I used a face mask to cover up the bottom half.  I am always looking for the easier way out these days!  Regardless, we all had a fun time participating in this autumn, annual activity together and enjoyed munching on roasted pumpkin seeds after the mess was all cleaned up!


Ella painting her green pumpkin.


Emmy flashing me a huge smile with daddy at his side.


Lia painting away on her secret design.


Logan scooping out the pumpkin guts.


Ella and Emmy helping to show off my completed pumpkin.


Five little pumpkins sitting in a row...


The kids showing off our finished products!


The family that carves together, stays together.  I just love this bunch of little people.

No comments:

Post a Comment