Saturday, October 30, 2021

Disney on Ice with my "Middles"

After missing a year due to the pandemic, I was so happy to learn that Disney on Ice was returning to our area this fall after a two year break.  Since Lia has really outgrown this kind of activity (sniff!) and Emmett is still a little too young, I decided that it would be fun to just take my "two middles with me.  After purchasing the tickets back in September, I waited until last week to tell Ella and Logan that we were going together by sending them on a scavenger hunt all around the house.  I was so happy to see how excited they were to go after putting together all of the clues that they found throughout the house.  After eating an early dinner yesterday afternoon, we headed out at 5:30 to make the drive up to Kent.  After entering the arena, we perused the tables full of Disney souvenirs and I finally caved and bought Logan the Maui hook that he has been begging me to buy him for years!  After buying our popcorn, too, we found our seats and enjoyed a wonderful two-hour show together.  Although it's not Disneyland, we still all loved seeing some of our favorite characters flying around on the ice and really enjoyed a special evening out together.  I am so grateful to still have children young enough to enjoy activities like this with me!


The kids and me standing in front of the massive, cotton candy tower.


Ella (holding Logan's new Maui hook that lights up) and Logan standing in front of one of the souvenir tables.


The kids and me seated and ready to go.  Although we found our seats only about twenty minutes before the show started, our section was practically empty as can be seen by all of the empty seats around us.  By the time the show started, the arena was practically full!


Belle skating to "Be Our Guest" with Lumiere and a bunch of skating silverware!


Rapunzel and Flynn flying around the ice.


Ariel with her pals, Sebastian and Flounder.


Prince Charming helping Cinderella out of her beautiful carriage.


Prince Charming and Cinderella.


Malificent, the dragon, breathing fire on Prince Phillip.


Anna protecting Elsa from Hans.


The entire group skating around Cinderella's carriage in the finale number together!

No comments:

Post a Comment